Goliath Gaming will be Running a Aether Revolt League!
The League will run for 4 weeks, from Wednesday February 1st to February 28th. It will include our Sunday drafts. For each draft you play in, you will earn 1 League Point. There are other ways to earn League points are as follows:
WINNING A LEAGUE GAME = 1 League Point
ATTENDING A DRAFT = 1 League Point
BRING A NEW PLAYER* = 1 League Point
PLAY IN YOUR FIRST EVENT AT THE STORE = 1 League Point
* This could be a player who is new to the DCI or who has never played in an event at our store. Either one is cool with us.
At the end of 4 weeks, we will award the player with the highest number of League points an Aether Revolt Prerelease pack Ties will be broken by number of wins earned among the players with the most points.
In addition we will raffle off a planes walker deck of your choice with all of the remaining league points!
During the 1st week of the league (February 1st- February 8th) players purchase 1 Kaladesh booster pack, and 2 Aether Revolt Packs (at a discounted rate of $10) to build their 30-card (minimum) deck. Each consecutive week (starting every Wednesday) players may purchase an additional pack to add to their deck. Players with 3 losses may also purchase an additional pack to add to their deck.
- Build a 30-card (minimum) deck using booster packs provided and basic lands. You may only use cards in your pool plus the basic lands.
- A 30 card deck should include about 17 spells (11-15 creatures) and about 13 lands.
- Play single-game matches. Each player gets one free mulligan. You and your opponent can agree to play best 2 of 3 games if you both wish.
- Play anyone during the course of the league. No limit on total games.
- Try not to play the same person twice in a row.